This Sweet Potato Egg in a Hole uses spiralized sweet potatoes as a nest to hold your eggs, making breakfast gluten free, paleo, Whole30, nutritious, & fun!
- 113g Woolwich Dairy Original Goat Cheese log
- ½ cup Woolwich Dairy Goat Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked and diced
- Handful of chives, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- As oven heats, peel sweet potatoes, then shred them with a coarse cheese grater. Place sweet potato shreds in a medium-sized mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Scoop sweet potato mixture into your hands, and press along the sides and bottom of 6 of the sprayed muffin tins to make your ‘nest’.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until nests are golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Slice the Woolwich Dairy CHEVRAI Original Goat Cheese log into ½” rounds. Place a goat cheese round into each sweet potato nest.
- Carefully crack and egg into each sweet potato nest, atop each goat cheese round. Sprinkle each egg with shredded Dairy Goat Cheddar Cheese, fully cooked, diced bacon and freshly cracked pepper and sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for another 10-15 minutes, until egg whites are opaque. The shredded cheese will be melted and egg yolks still runny. Cook longer if you like your eggs fully set.
- Cool for 3-5 minutes before carefully plating the egg nests. Top with a sprinkle of diced chives and serve with sliced avocado.