You’ll love this decadent pie made with 4 whole rio red grapefruits and grapefruit juice.
- 4 large rio red grapefruits ( sectioned lengthwise)
- 1 c sugar
- 1 ¾ c grapefruit juice (strained)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 oz package strawberry gelatin
- One 8 or 9 inch pie crust, baked
- 1 c whipping cream, whipped
- Peel grapefruit, separate sections and remove membranes.
- Place sections in a bowl overnight. Cook sugar, juice, cornstarch and salt until thick and clear.
- Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Brush some of the gelatin mixture over pie crust. Chill pie crust and remaining gelatin mixture.
- When gelatin starts to thicken, add grapefruit sections.
- Pour into pie crust and chill until set. Top with whipped cream.