In Asia bean pods are considered to be rather popular. There are in 10 times more species if it than in Europe. But for the preparation of this dish, even the more usual green beans are suitable. But they have to be fresh, not frozen. But mind that the taste of the dish is completely unaccustomed, not just that the boring beans filled with eggs have.
List of required products:
- 400 g of green beans;
- 2 cm fresh ginger root;
- garlic — 2 cloves;
- 1/2 tsp. brown sugar;
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch;
- 1 tbsp. of dark soy sauce;
- 1 tsp. of dark sesame oil;
- 2 tbsp. unrefined peanut butter;
- 1/4 tsp. chili flakes.
Begin to cook
- Cut off or break off the bean pod ends, if they have a so called hard «string», remove it. Too long pods are cut in half.
- Place the pods in a steamer and cook for 5 minutes. Put the beans in ice water for 1 minute and throw it back into the colander.
- Garlic and ginger are cleaned and grated. In any solid container, which is suitable for a steamer, pour some peanut oil, add ginger and garlic, cook for 5 minutes. Put the beans inside and cook for 3 minutes more.
- In a bowl, mix the starch with 2 tbsp. l. cold water, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and chili flakes. Mix everything thoroughly, pour the beans and mix again.
- Warm beans with sauce, stirring a couple of times, for about 3 minutes in general. Serve the dish when it is very hot.
By the way
Do not overcook the beans, because under this condition they will lose all the advantages. Ready pods should remain slightly crispy. Remember, if you take out the pods from the steamer, without sprinkling them with cold water, they will continue to «cook themselves» for some time.