The unique aroma and invigorating green curry is given by the green chili peppers, lime, garlic, coriander and lemon sorghum, which we so like to call lemon grass.
List of required products:
- 3 average eggplants;
- 400 g beef fillet (thick or thin edge);
- 400 ml of coconut milk;
- 2 tbsp. of green curry paste;
- 1 stalk of lemon grass;
- 1 hot chili pepper;
- a large bundle of coriander;
- juice and skin of 1 lime;
- 1-2 tbsp — sugar;
- 4-5 tbsp. peanut butter;
Begin to cook
- Eggplant are cut into cubes of 2 cm and laid into a deep bowl. Lightly sprinkle with salt, stir, leave for 30 minutes and squeeze to remove excess bitterness.
- With the help of a sharp knife, slice the beef into thin strips similar to homemade noodles.
- The stem of lemon grass should be mashed with a flat side knife. After that chop the lime and chili. Cut the cilantro with a knife.
- Oil has to be heated in a wok or a deep pan with a thick bottom. After that quickly fry the prepared eggplant in it, stirring. It takes 2 minutes usually. Then lay them with a skimmer on the plate. Into the same oil add curry paste, dissolve it, stirring, and pour inside the coconut milk. Stir, bring to a boiling condition and cook for 5 minutes.
- Dip into a boiling mixture the prepared eggplant and lemon sorghum.
- Cook on medium heat for 7-10 minutes, then add beef, chili, lime juice, salt and pour sugar.
- Cook all together on high heat for 3-5 minutes, then remove the stalk of lemon sorghum and serve hot, sprinkle with cilantro.
- As a side dish we recommend you to take thin egg noodles or rice.