Grilled chicken is a staple of warmer weather! This grilled chili cilantro lime chicken will get dinner on the table in a hurry for your family and it will.
4 medium chicken breasts, boneless, skin-less (or thighs)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- zest of one lime (or 1 tsp)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (adjust to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- Whisk the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in a large plastic bag or bowl and add the marinade to the chicken.
- Mix to combine. Seal bag or cover bowl with plastic bag and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Pre-heat grill, pan or griddle to medium-high heat. Grill chicken fillets for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and the skin is golden and lightly charred.
- Rest for 5 minutes then slice and serve on salad, rice, noodles, or tortillas. Garnish with chopped cilantro and Enjoy!