- 2 grapefruit
- 50 g /2 oz brown sugar
- 2 tbsp brandy or vermouth
- Few sprigs of mint to decorate
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Calories: 85 per portion
1. Halve the grapefruit, loosen the segments from the skin and from the centre with a grapefruit knife or other sharp knife, so they are easy to remove .
2. Sprinkle each half with sugar.
3. Pour over the brandy or vermouth.
4. Leave to stand for 10 minutes to allow the sugar and alcohol to soak right through the grapefruit.
5. Cook the grapefruit halves under a hot grill for about 5 minutes.
6. Serve immediately decorated with a sprig of fresh mint.