This Hashbrown Casserole Recipe is a cheesy potato side dish that comes together so easily! Hashbrown Casserole is perfect for breakfast and the holidays and is always a favorite!
Many of you have eaten a version of this at some point in your lives, either at a restaurant, at a family meal, or even at a pot luck. It is definitely a timeless classic that everybody loves.
Cooking time : 35minutes
- 2 pounds frozen diced or shredded potatoes
- 3 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1 1/2 cups homemade cream of chicken soup or 1 10-ounce can storebought
- 2 cups sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
How To Prepare
Preheat the oven to 400º F. Lightly butter a 9×13 baking dish or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Stir together the diced potatoes, half of the cheddar cheese, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, melted butter, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Spread into the prepared baking dish.
Bake until the potatoes are fork tender, about 30 minutes and then top the hashbrown casserole with the remaining cheddar cheese. Return the hashbrown casserole to the oven until the cheese has melted.