Homemade croutons taste so much better than store-bought ones and are so simple, quick and easy to make from scratch. We love that you can easily customize them based on how you are serving them! Made with just 3 ingredients and ready in 10 minutes, they are an essential recipe in my house! They make the perfect topping for a bowl of soup like our tomato soup or to serve on top of a hearty salad.
Delicious Crouton Options
- Parmesan Croutons – Add 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese to the olive oil and Stone House Seasoning. Toss all to coat the bread cubes and bake as directed.
- Chili Cheese Croutons – Add 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder and 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese to the olive oil and Stone House Seasoning. Continue with the recipe as directed.
- Ranch Croutons – Substitute Ranch Seasoning for the Stone House Seasoning called for in the recipe. Continue with the recipe as directed.
Preparation time: 2minutes
Cooking time:8 minutes
- 3 cups sourdough bread cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
How To Prepare
Preheat oven to 400º F.
Add sourdough bread cubes to a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and add Stone House Seasoning. Toss well to coat the bread cubes on all sides. Spread into a single layer on the baking sheet.
Bake until golden brown, about 8 – 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve warm or allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.