Let’s get to France and prepare a real French breakfast! These will be the famous eggs called Benedict. The dish is very simple in its essence, but, nevertheless, it is considered to be incredibly tasty and original. It is nothing but a mixture of cheese, eggs and bacon.
By the way, the history of the dish is very interesting, according to the old legend. A broker named Lemuel Benedict ordered such eggs to the restaurant maitre d’hotel, and stated that they are very effective for a hangover. The maître d’honneur performed the order and was delighted with the dish, including it into his menu. Now it is one of the popular dishes in many restaurants of the world!
What products to take
- 10 eggs;
- 10 slices of bacon;
- 4 egg yolks;
- 2 tbsp. — white vinegar;
- 1 tbsp. — lemon juice;
- 150 g cheese;
- 3 tbsp. — hot water;
- to taste — fresh greens;
Begin to cook
- Into the frying pan pour some water. It should be almost up to the edges.
- Then add the vinegar and wait until it boils.
- Beat out the eggs carefully. — It is important that the yolks do not spread out.
- Remove the container from the heat and cover it immediately with a lid.
- Leave it in such a state for 5-7 minutes.
- Get the eggs out with the help of skimmer.
- On toasted bread put the cheese, then the bacon.
- Whisk the lemon juice with yolks, mix with melted butter and hot water.
- Season to taste with pepper and salt.
- Put eggs on the ham, pour over the cooked sauce.
- When you are serving, don’t forget to decorate it with greens.
Such a breakfast turns out to be very delicious and very nourishing at the same time. Perhaps it will help you to cope with hangover. Just try it!