You can have multiple recipes of salted lard and maybe have discover your own.
Here we have our own version for you. We suggest you to try to cook it in brine (a saturated salt solution, which is used for preserving fish, meat and lard). It turns out tender and juicy, doesn’t change the color and can be stored for a long time.
List of required ingredients
- 2 kg lard
- 1 l water
- 3-5 bay leaves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 5-8 cl garlic
Start the process
- Prepare brine properly. Add a few tablespoons of salt (at a rate of 200 grams of salt per 1 liter of water) in a saucepan with water and put on fire.
- Continue to stir until it is completely dissolved. You can check the brine with the help of potato: throw it into the water and see if the surface of potato breaks. If it does, its means it is cooked correctly, if not — add more salt.
- Remove the solution from the gas stove as soon as it boils, and if it is not enough, add more salt, keeping the solution after boiling on low heat.
- Cut the lard into pieces and put them into the jar. When stacking them, insert a bay leaf, peppercorn and chopped garlic between the layers.
- When the brine cools, pour it into the prepared jar of lard and cover it with something, but do not cover it completely.
- After a day when the jar stands at room temperature, put it in the refrigerator. It should stay there for 10-14 days.
Pork lard is incredibly useful. Eat it at least one piece a day. Be healthy and share your recipes with your friends!