Place the cooled quiches on a baking tray, covered with cling film. Put in the freezer until hard, then pack into two polythene bags, seal, label and return to the freezer. Use within 1 month.
- 225 g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 100 g margarine
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 large onions, sliced into rings
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml milk
- salt and pepper
- 100 Cheddar cheese, grated
- onion rings (optional)
- coriander sprigs (optional)
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Rub in the fat until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Gradually add the water and form the mixture into a ball.
- Out the pastry on a lightly floured board. Roll it out and use to line four 11 cm/4 1/2 inch quiche rings or flan dishes.
- Cook the onion rings in the oil until soft .
- Beat the eggs lightly, then beat in the milk, season and add the cheese.
- Divide the onions equally amongst the quiches. Pour over the egg mixture.
- Bake the quiches in a moderately hot oven for 30 minutes.