This low carb zucchini crust pizza is a dish for those on a low carb diet that crave pizza. The crust consists of zucchini, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Serves: 1 pizza
- 2-3 medium zucchini (about 1½ cup shredded)
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour (or whole wheat or bread crumbs)
- ½ cup low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- favorite toppings
- Pre-heat oven to 500F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray paper with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place shredded zucchini on a plate lined with a few layers of paper towel. Sprinkle with one tablespoon of salt. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the excess moisture out of the zucchini by wrapping it up in the paper towels or clean cheese cloth and squeezing out all the excess water.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded zucchini, flour, egg, cheese and Italian spices. Combine mixture with a spoon until fully incorporated then transfer mixture on to greased parchment paper.
- Press the dough into the desired shape and thickness (we like ¼» thickness) on the greased parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust looks set and the bottom is starting to brown.
- Carefully remove the pizza crust from the oven and top with sauce, cheese, and toppings if desired. Return to oven and bake for another 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.