- 450 g minced beef
- 1 onion , grated
- Salt and pepper
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 150 ml natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 tsp chopped parsley to garnish
1. Mix together the meat, onion, seasoning, breadcrumbs, egg and parsley.
2. Form the mixture into 18 small balls the size of marbles and roll in the flour.
3. Combine the oil and the crushed garlic and brush the mixture over the meatballs.
4. Thread the meatballs on to oiled skewers and grill for 2-3 minutes, turn the skewers and grill for a further 2-3 minutes.
5. Melt the peanut butter over a gentle heat , add the remaining ingredients and cook gently until hot, but do not let the sauce boil.
6. Serve the meatballs on a bed of mixed salad.
7. Serve the sauce separately, garnished with chopped pasley.