Up your nacho game with these epic veggie nachos topped with black beans, creamy avo, sweet grilled peppers and feta – and they’re healthy, too!
- 2 mixed-colour peppers
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 3 ripe tomatoes , on the vine
- 6 spring onions
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 limes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- Chipotle Tabasco sauce
- 1 x 400g tin of black beans
- 1 ripe avocado
- 20 g feta cheese
- Place the oven on to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Place a griddle pan over a high heat and cook the whole peppers, chilli, tomatoes and trimmed spring onions until soft and charred.
- Put the peppers and chilli in a bowl, cover with clingfilm and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Dice the tomatoes and spring onions, then add to another bowl. Peel, deseed and dice the peppers and chillies, then add to the tomatoes and spring onions.
- Pick in a few coriander leaves, season, then mix in a good squeeze of lime juice and a drizzle of oil. Wipe the griddle pan and return to the heat.
- Cut the tortillas into wedges and arrange over two baking sheets. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Place a large frying pan over a high heat and toast the cumin seeds for a few seconds. Add the Tabasco sauce and beans and cook for a few minutes, or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Peel, destone and slice the avocado into wedges, then drizzle with the remaining lime juice.
- Arrange the tortillas in a bowl. Top with the beans, salsa, dressed avocado, feta and pick over the remaining coriander, then serve.