Cooking time: 20 minutes
Calories: 34 kcal
- 6 ripe tomatoes, Roma or Vine Ripened, quartered
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1-2 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
How To Prepare
Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeños, serrano peppers and sugar in a food processor or blender. Pulse to roughly blend.
Heat olive in a pan or skillet over medium heat.
Sauté the tomato mixture over medium high heat until it begins to boil. Let cook for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
Add the cilantro, cumin and oregano. Season with salt as desired and enjoy.