- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp oil
- 225 g long-grain rice
- pinch of tumeric
- 600 ml chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 225 g cooked chicken, cut into thick strips
- 100 g ham, diced
- 2 chorizo sausages, thickly sliced
- 100 g frozen peas
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 100 g peeled cooked prawns
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley to garnish
- In a large frying pan, fry the onion, garlic and pepper in the oil for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the rice and stir until it is lightly fried and the grains and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and cooked, covered, for a further 5 to 10 minutes until almost all the liquid has been absorbed. The paella should be moist.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.