For this recipe you can take as portobellos and large shiitakes, as well as middle size button mushrooms.
List of ingredients
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 oz. prosciutto, sliced and chopped fine
- 1 tsp. minced fresh sage, or 1/2 tsp. crumbled dry sage
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lb. small portobello, large shiitake, or large button mushrooms (or a combination), stemmed and wiped clean
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mixed salad greens (optional)Calories (kcal) : 180
- Fat Calories (kcal): 133
- Fat (g): 15
- Saturated Fat (g): 3
- Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1
- Monounsaturated Fat (g): 10
- Cholesterol (mg): 15
- Sodium (mg): 780
- Carbohydrates (g): 4
- Fiber (g): 1
- Protein (g): 9
- Mix Parmesan, prosciutto, sage, and 2 tbs. of the olive oil and leave for some time.
- Mix the rest of the oil with the lemon juice and brush it on the mushrooms. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Put the mushrooms, gill side down, on the grill over medium heat. Turn after about 3 to 4 min. Grill another 3 to 4 min. until the juices begin to run and the mushrooms begin to soften. Move the mushrooms to the side of the grill.
- Put some of the Parmesan mixture into each mushroom. Cover the grill and let the mushrooms cook slowly for another 4 to 5 min. until the cheese has melted slightly.
- Serve warm, alone as an hors d’oeuvre or on mixed greens as a first course.
If you like mushrooms, try also this Pickled mushroom recipe