- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml/4 fl oz) milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup (60-125 ml/2-4 fl oz) cooking liquid
- 2-3 tbsp chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a small pan.
- Stir in the flour, then add the milk and quarter of a cup of the stock, and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- When the mixture boils, taste it to check on it saltiness.
- If it is not too salty, add more cooking liquid, but if it is salty, add extra milk instead.
- Stir in chopped parsley.
- Let the sauce simmer gently or a few minutes, then add extra milk or cooking liquor to bring it to a fairly thin coating consistency.
- Adjust seasonings to suit your taste.