Potato lightens the base of this pizza, and adds bulk to its topping.
- 1 cup (125 g/4 oz) self raising flour
- 1 cooked potato
- 50 g (2 oz) butter
- 1/4 tsp dried oreganum
- 2 cups altogether of cubed, raw tomato, chopped red or green pepper, chopped mushrooms
- 1-2 rashers bacon
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1 cup cubed, cooked potato
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g/5 1/2 oz)grated or cubed cheese
[ads — pc — 1]
[ads — mob — 1]
- Mix together with a food processor or finger tips the self-raising flour, cooked potato, room temperature butter and the oreganum.
- Press the resulting dough into a well sprayed 20 cm (8 inch) loose-bottomed cake tin
- Measure all topping ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Press topping quite firmly on to the uncooked base and top with extra cheese if desired.
- Bake at 200 degrees Celsius (400F) for 25 minutes.
- When cooked, lift pizza on its base, away from the sides of the pan.
- Serve hot or warm.