Serve potted cheese at room temperature with crackers, baby radishes, or slices of daikon (large white radish). This recipe provides a good way to use up scrappy pieces of blue cheese leftover from a cheeseboard. Make it several hours before serving, or store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 50 g(2 oz) blue cheese (or a mixture of blue cheese and mature cheddar cheese)
- 25 g (1 oz) unsalted butter or cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sherry or brandy
- fleshly ground black pepper
- pinch of mace or nutmeg
[ads — pc — 1]
[ads — mob — 1]
- Either mash room temperature blue cheese and butter together with a fork, then beat until smooth, adding remaining ingredients slowly, or combine blue cheese and butter in a food processor, then add liquid and seasoning.
- Pack into a container.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove from refrigerator at least an hour before serving.
Exact quantities are not important for this recipe. Use lightly unsalted or salted butter if preferred.