- 1 (368 g / 13 oz) packet puff pastry
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam, sieved
- 300 ml / ½ pint double or whipping cream
- 50 g / 2 oz raspberries
- 100 g / 4 oz icing sugar
- 1 tbsp water
Time Cooking: 10-12 minutes
Oven temperature: 220 C, 425F, gas 7
Calories: 675 square per
1. Grease two baking trays.
2. Roll out the pastry thinly and cut into 2 strips.
3. Place on the prepared baking trays and bake in a hot oven for 10-12 minutes or until well risen and golden.
4. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
5. Heat the jam until runny and brush on one strip of pastry.
6. Whip the cream until thick, then fold in the raspberries.
7. Spread the cream filling the pastry slice without the jam.
8. Top with the jam-coated pastry slice, jam side up.
9. Carefully cut into four.
10. Beat the icing sugar and water until smooth and pour over the jam.