- 3/4 quantity shortcrust pastry
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper, deseeded
- 100 g salami, thinly sliced
- 50 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml milk
- 150 ml single cream
- salt and pepper
- 3-4 stuffed green olives
- Parsley sprigs
- Make the shortcrust pastry .
- Roll out a lightly floured board and use to line a 20 cm /8 inch flan dish or ring.
- Finely chop the onion and pepper, spread over the pastry base .
- Arrange the salami slices on top , reserving a few for garnish, and sprinkle over the Cheddar.
- Lightly beat together the eggs, milk , cream and seasoning and pour over the salami mixture.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 35-40 minutes, until golden.
- Garnish with the remaining salami slices, rolled into cones, the olives and parsley.
- Serve hot or cold with a mushroom and tomato salad.