Give a classic breakfast a fruity spin! Made with 100% grape juice this French toast recipe is a sweet addition to your next brunch gathering.
- 4 eggs beaten
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch nutmeg
- 8 thick slices brioche
- 1 cup full fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
1. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, coconut milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg.
2. Pull a little bit of bread out of the centre of each slice of bread, making a little well, being careful not to make a hole.
3. Scoop about ¼ cup ricotta cheese in the well of four of the slices. Top with the other slice of bread.
4. Heat the butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Swirl to coat the pan.
5. Dip the “sandwiches” into the egg mixture on each side, making sure it soaks down the liquid.
6. Add to the hot pan and cook about 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
7. Flip and cook 4-5 minutes on the other side.
8. Serve warm, drizzled with syrup.