The mousse can be set in a fish-shaped mould for elegant presentation. Serve turned out on a flat serving platter. You may serve as an appetizer to Baked Stuffed Trout.
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 (213 g/7 1/2 oz) can salmon
- 150 ml natural yoghurt
- 150 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- salt and pepper
- 2 egg whites
- orange slices
- lime slices
- parsley sprigs
- dill sprigs
- Sprinkle the gelatin on to the hot water in a bowl. Stand the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until dissolved.
- Flake the salmon into a bowl, remove any remaining bones, and add the natural yoghurt.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, then the tomato ketchup, gelatin and seasoning.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into the salmon mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a serving bowl and chill for an hour or until set.
- Garnish the mousse with orange and lime slices, dill and parsley sprigs and serve with triangles of toast and a salad.