Make a large batch of these , fill and brush with egg white. Place on cling film on a baking tray and freeze. Deep fry from frozen as required.
- 50 g plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 ml milk
- Oil for frying, plus extra for deep frying
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 100 g bean sprouts
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 egg whites
- Parsley sprigs to garnish
1. Make the pancake batter, using the egg yolk.
2. Heat a little oil in a small frying pan.
3. Pour in a little batter and tilt the pan so the batter covers the base. Cook until the underside is golden, then turn and lightly brown the second side.
4. Turn out of the pan and repeat with the remaining batter.
5. Mix together the vegetables, ginger, soy sauce and seasoning.
6. Place so e of this filling in the centre of each pancake.
7. Brush the edges of the pancake with egg white.
8. Roll up, folding in the sides to enclose the filling completely in a neat package.
9. Seal the join with egg white, then brush egg white all over the pancakes.
10. Heat the oil for deep frying to 190C/375F.
11. Fry the rolls for 4-5 minutes or until golden.
12. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and serve, garnished with parsley and accompanied with tomato sauce and rice.