There are a lot of people, who really like these Asian mushrooms. By the way we can’t but mention that they contain huge amounts of antioxidants, which successfully help our body to fight against all sorts of harmful diseases.
And at the same time these mushrooms are very fleshy, flavored and tasty, especially in a stuffed form.
List of required products:
- 12 large caps of shiitake mushrooms;
- 1 large eggplant;
- 2 balls of mozzarella cheese for 150 g;
- small bunch of basil;
- extra virgin olive oil;
- salt, freshly ground black pepper;
- 3-4 feathers of green onions;
- vegetable oil for covering;
Begin to cook
- Wipe the shiitake caps with a damp napkin and place in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes. Then pour into a colander and dry.
- Cut the eggplant along in halves, grease with olive oil, lightly salt and pepper. Put the eggplant on a well-warmed and oiled grate and fry, turning, until they become soft. As a rule it takes about 10 minutes. Then with a help of the spoon, take out the eggplant’s pulp into a bowl (there is no need to peel it). Cool down.
- Mozzarella should be cut into small cubes. Basil is torn with your hands and combined in a bowl with eggplants. Add salt, pepper and 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Stuff with the resulting mixture the shiitake caps and sprinkle with olive oil. Put on a grid for grilling or in an aluminum pallet. Cover with foil and bake for about 10 minutes.
- If you are cooking in the oven, preheat it up to 180 ° C and bake for about 15 minutes. Initially it is necessary to cook eggplants, and then stuffed caps. Serve with finely chopped green onions.
By the way
On sale you can find caps of shiitake mushrooms in dried and fresh form. We have used dried hats. Before cooking, they must be soaked. In a bowl, pour 1 liter of cold water, add salt and squeeze the juice out of the lemon slice. Put the mushrooms into this bowl and let stand until the caps of mushrooms become swollen. As a rule, it takes about 20 minutes.