A quick, creamy, and delicious One Pot Shrimp in Coconut Sauce with blended vegetables to serve over rice or noodles. It is dinner made easy and fabulous!
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shell and tail on
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 gloves garlic, minced or pressed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ onion, peeled and sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- ½ orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about ½ large lime, juiced)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Red jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Place the shrimp in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of the oil, garlic, kosher salt and red chili flakes. Toss to coat and let marinade for 10 minutes.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add the onion and peppers and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer the peppers and onion to a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and cook half of the shrimp for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until opaque.
- Transfer the shrimp to a plate. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and cook the remaining shrimp then add to the other shrimp.
- In another bowl or 4 cup measuring cup mix the coconut milk, fish sauce, peanut butter, lime juice, brown sugar and ground ginger and stir well.
- Transfer the cooked onion and peppers to the skillet and pour the coconut milk mixture of the peppers. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp to the skillet with the basil and cilantro and toss to coat.
- Serve over rice or noodles. Garnish with more cilantro and basil, chopped green onion and sliced red jalapeño of desired.