Caprese gets a Southwestern makeover! Roasted red bell peppers, spices, and an option to add bacon will give you a whole new caprese experience. This appetizer is guaranteed to be a favorite!
Cooking time:15 minutes
- 20 fresh mini mozzarella balls bocconcini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 20 leaves fresh basil
- 6 ounces roasted red bell peppers chopped into 20 pieces
- 20 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 4 strips cooked bacon cut into 20 pieces (optional)
- 20 toothpicks
How To Prepare
Drain the mozzarella balls of liquid and transfer to a small mixing bowl. Pour olive oil over mozzarella and season with red pepper flakes, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Stir to coat.
Assemble the bites by using a toothpick to skewer a tomato, basil leaf, roasted red bell pepper, bacon (optional), and a mozzarella ball.