If you have not already tried spring green wraps you’re going to love them! They are a fantastic alternative to traditional wraps or even sandwiches, much light.
- To make the dressing/dipping sauce, put all the ingredients into a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well until completely combined, then add warm water 1 teaspoon at a time, mixing after each addition until you reach a drizzling/ dipping consistency.
- Heat a medium frying pan three-quarters full of hot water and bring to a simmer. Cut the woody stem from the very bottom of each spring green leaf, leaving as much of the leaf as possible intact. Dip each leaf, one at a time, into the hot water for 10 seconds or until wilted and bright green in colour. Remove and leave to one side.
- Spread the leaves out on a board. Divide the houmous between the leaves and spread it out.
- Arrange alittle grated carrot, shredded red cabbage , sliced avocado and cress in the middle of each leaf. Drizzle each pile of vegetables with a little dressing, then the sides of the leaves inverted over the filling and roll up from the bottom.
- Place the wraps, edge side down, on the board and slice them diagonally through the middle, then serve with the dipping sauce in a bowl on the side.