This quick dish in Asian style is really a perfect idea for family dinner on a weekday. It is made from the most common products that can be bought in any store, and the taste is bright and full of flavor due to sauce and basil.
List of required products:
- 500 g turkey breast fillet;
- 1 onion;
- 1 large sweet red pepper;
- 2-3 large cloves of garlic;
- 2-3 large bunches of green basil;
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil;
- 2 tbsp. of lime juice;
- 1 tbsp. of fish sauce;
- 1 tbsp. of spicy sauce (for example, shirucha sauce);
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce;
- 1 tbsp. honey;
Begin to cook
- Beat together the lime juice, fish sauce, chili sauce, soy sauce and honey.
- Peel the onion and cut into thin half rings. Sweet pepper is cleared of seeds and partitions and cut into thin strips. Peel the garlic and cut it into thin slices. The basil leaves have to be shed into large parts.
- Cut the turkey meat into slices and turn it through a meat grinder.
- Preheat the wok or large heavy frying pan over high heat. Then add 1 tbsp. oil and heat for about 1 min. Add the garlic and fry until the flavor appears. Usually it takes for about 1 min. Remove the garlic from the wok, you won’t need it any more.
- Put the onion and sweet pepper into the wok , fry for 1-2 minutes, then put everything into a bowl. Add the remaining oil to the wok , warm up and put the minced meat inside. Cook for about 5 minutes, smashing mincemeat with a spatula, the liquid should be completely evaporated, and the mince begins to turn brown.
- Return the vegetables back to the wok and fry, stirring for 1-2 min. Add chopped basil and cook for 1 more minute.
- Pour the sauce into the wok and mix, so that it is evenly distributed. Cook for 2 minutes. and remove the wok from the fire. Serve immediately with rice or noodles.