To microwave, cook the cabbage leaves in a roasting bag with 2 tbsp water for 5 minutes. Microwave assembled dish , covered on full power for 15-20 minutes.
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 100 g brown rice, cooked
- 100 g salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 1 quantity tomato sauce
- Cut away the stem from each cabbage leaf and blanch the leaves in boiling water. Drain thoroughly and leave to
- Mix together the onion, carrot , rice, peanuts, egg soy sauce and seasoning.
- Divide the mixture between the cabbage leaves and roll up each leaf, folding in the sides, to enclose the filling in a neat package .
- Place the stuffed cabbage leaves in an ovenproof dish and pour over the vegetable stock.
- Cover and bake in a moderately hot oven for about 45 minutes .
- Carefully drain off the stock and serve immediately , accompanied with tomato sauce.