This sauce is interesting and tangy and leftover sauce is good with cooked vegetables.
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp capers
- 1 tsp caper liquid
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tsp mixed mustard
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (chives, dill leaves, etc)
- 3/4 cup (185 ml/ 6 fl oz) olive, corn or soya oil
[ads — pc — 1]
[ads — mob — 1]
- Place all the ingredients except the oil in a blender or food processor bowl.
- Process briefly to mix then add the oil in a continuous steady stream until the sauce thickens to a fairly thin pouring consistency.
- Serve with Sautéed Groper.
Use within 24 hours for best flavor.