Microwave the potatoes with 2 tablespoons water in a roasting bag for about 15 minutes. Microwave the remaining vegetables in a covered dish for 8-10 minutes. Layer and brown under a grill.
- 450 g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 225 g carrots, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- Oil for frying
- ¼ tsp marjoram
- 2 leeks, sliced into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley to garnish
1. Cook the potatoes and carrots together in boiling salted water.
2. Drain and mash.
3. Fry the onion and sunflower seeds in the oil until the onion is soft. Stir into the potato mixture, add the marjoram and season to taste.
4. Fry the leeks and garlic in the oil for about 5 minutes. Season to taste. Add the courgettes and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Put half the leek mixture in an ovenproof dish.
6. Spread half the potato mixture on top.
7. Add the rest of the leek mixture, then top with the remaining potato.
8. Sprinkle the Parmesan over and bake in a moderately hot oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
9. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.