Traditional tapenades can be high in sodium. To make this traditional snack or appetizer perfect, you can pair it with a glass of 100% apple juice.
- 1 cup California raisins
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, drained
- 2 tsp walnuts
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 16-20 whole grain pita wedge or melba rounds
- 32-oz of 100% apple juice
- Place tapenade ingredients in food processor, run until raisins, olives, and walnuts are finely chopped. (Can be made ahead and refrigerated).
- Serve with melba rounds or pita wedges. To make tapas-inspired meal serve with a glass of 100% apple juice and hummus with cucumber slices and carrot or celery sticks.