Hot, spicy and flavored. These are the peculiar features of this tasty dish. All in all this kind of pot with flavored seafood soup can be served to you somewhere in a restaurant on Koh Samui. But this dish is good not only in the Asian tropics. It seems to be ideal for the European as well as the American winters. And it’s very easy to cook it. In half an hour the dish will be ready.
List of required products
- 12 large shrimps;
- 12 large mussels without shells;
- 2 squids;
- 150 grams of wide rice noodles;
- 400 g of canned tomatoes in own juice;
- 5-6 average mushrooms;
- 2 shallots onions;
- garlic — 2 cloves;
- 1 medium onion;
- 1-2 red chili peppers;
- 1 stem of lemon grass;
- 8 sprigs of cilantro;
- 250 ml of coconut milk;
- 5 cup chicken broth;
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. of fish sauce;
- 1 lime;
- sugar — 1 tbsp;
- vegetable oil;
Begin to cook
- Pour rice noodles with boiling water and leave for 10 minutes. Then throw it back into the colander. Clear the shrimps from the shells, remove the heads, cut the backs with the help of a small knife and remove the dark intestinal vein. Squids are peeled. Don’t forget to remove the insides and chitin plate. Cut them into rings.
- Peel and chop onion as well as shallots in thin half rings. Peel and chop garlic. Chop the chili along, remove seeds if desired and cut into half rings. From lemongrass it is necessary to remove the top wilted leaves. Put the stem on the board and break it with the help of a pestle or a heavy knife. Cut into pieces. Wash lime in hot water with a brush. Remove the zest and squeeze the juice. Put the lemongrass and lime peel into the blender bowl and grind them to the paste condition. Finely chop the coriander.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Put onions, shallots, chili and garlic and fry, stirring, for 3-5 minutes. Pour inside broth, tomato juice and coconut milk. Add the vinegar, fish sauce, sugar and pasta from lemongrass and peels. Bring to a boiling condition over medium heat. Add half a cilantro, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces, mushrooms — into slices and add to the pan. Bring to a boiling condition again.
- Put the rice noodle into the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add mussels and shrimps, cook for 2 minutes. Put the squid and pour inside the lime juice. Stir and cook for 2 minutes, salt everything. Serve immediately to the table. It is recommended to sprinkle your dish with the remaining coriander.
Instead of rice noodles, you can take thin spaghetti or linguine, boiling them almost until they become cooked.