This bright and interesting herby sauce is best made the day before you want it. Serve it with roast lamb instead of gravy and mint sauce to save last minute work.
(for 6-10 servings)
- 1 (425 g/15 oz) can Mexican tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cider or wine vinegar
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp grated onion or 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped celery (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped mint (optional)
- pinch chili powder and cumin to taste (optional)
- Mix all ingredients, chopping tomatoes smaller if you like.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 days and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serve with Scalloped Potatoes.