Udon is both a kind of Japanese noodles, and the name of the dish that is made from it. The base udon is noodles in a dashi broth made from seaweed with the addition of mirin and soy sauce. The Japanese eat udon several times a week, changing additives to it. However, they never get bored of this yummy thing.
List of required products
- fresh shiitake — a handful;
- Chinese cabbage — 4 leaves;
- onion green — small bundle;
- soy sauce — 3 tsp.
- udon noodles — 400 g fresh;
- crab sticks — 100 g;
- mirin — 3 tbsp. l.;
- giant shrimps — 8 pieces;
- green peas — handfuls;
- egg (yolk) — 4;
- powder for broth dashi — 2 tbsp. l.
Begin to cook
- First of all it is necessary to peel and to shell the shrimps. The way how to do it properly can be found in the Internet.
- Crab sticks have to be cut into small pieces. Chinese cabbage is usually chopped thinly.
- Boil 600 ml of water together with soy sauce, dashi and mirin.
- Put there the peeled mushrooms and all the vegetables, except the green onions.
- Bring to a boiling condition, add shrimps, crab sticks and udon, again bring to a boiling condition.
- Arrange the noodles with vegetables on the plates.
- Pour boiling broth, place on top of each plate on the raw yolk and sprinkle with chopped green onions. Serve the dish immediately.
- And mind that the last point is considered to be rather important. Otherwise you are going to spoil your dish.