Curry is cooked in South-East Asia. This is a great meal, spicy, aromatic, nourishing and equally beautiful both in summer and in winter. And the locals prepare curry with anything, except powder from jars with the same name. Typically, a set of spices for curry includes mustard seeds, coriander, zira, turmeric, and chili. But everything depends on the region. Such a vegetable curry is rather a mix between Indian and Thai curry, and we have made it not too spicy.
List of required products:
- 600 g of various vegetables (potatoes, carrots, peppers, zucchini and green beans)
- 1 medium onion;
- 1 small not very hot chili pepper;
- garlic — 2 cloves;
- 2 cm fresh ginger root;
- 200 g cashew nuts;
- 250 ml of coconut milk;
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds;
- 1 tsp. seed of zira;
- 5 tsp. mustard seed;
- 1 tsp. ground saffron;
- 1 tsp. turmeric;
- 1/4 tsp. ground hot chili pepper;
- 6 tbsp. of vegetable oil;
Begin to cook
- In 1 tbsp. of oil fry the seeds of coriander, zira and mustard on medium heat. When the seeds begin to burst and jump, add the remaining spices, cook for 10 seconds, remove from heat.
- Cut the potatoes, carrots and zucchini into pieces of the same size. Remove the tips of the beans. Finely chop the ginger, chili, onion and garlic.
- Preheat 2 tbsp. l. oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry ginger, chili, onion and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes. Then add roasted spices, stir and pour the whole nuts. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in another pan and fry the potatoes, carrots and zucchini there for about 5 min. Put the vegetables into a frying pan or wok with onions and spices, season with salt and pour inside the coconut milk. Cook for 15 minutes. Serve curry, when it is still very hot with boiled rice.
Tip from experienced cooks
Into such curry you can safely put almost any vegetables, nuts and even fruits and cheese. However, it should be special cheese. In India it is called «panir», but we can successfully replace it with any similar one. Before you put the cheese into your curry, cut it into cubes and cool so that it does not fall apart.
As for vegetables, we need to follow only one thing: they must be cut so that they are cooked simultaneously.