Biscuit cake is an awesome & delicious no bake dessert made with biscuits, milk, sugar, cocoa & chocolate. Chocolate biscuit cake is a classic dessert made in many countries & is served as a tea time cake.
Preparation time: 10minutes
Cooking time:10 minutes
- 250 grams thin biscuits (digestive or any tea biscuits)
- ¼ cup Nuts chopped (I used almonds)
- 1 cup full fat milk or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup organic sugar or jaggery or palm jaggery (notes)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter(optional, refer notes)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (or 100 grams of sweetened chocolate bar)
- 3 tbsps milk
How To Prepare
Make chocolate syrup
- Mix together sugar & cocoa in a pot.
- Stir in the milk and make a smooth mixture free of lumps.
- Add butter (optional) & boil this stirring often until you get a slightly thick syrup.
- To test, dip a spoon and check. The syrup must coat the back of the spoon.
- This will further thicken upon cooling. Set aside to cool down.
Prepare the pan
- If you do not have a spring foam pan or pan with a removable base then line your pan with a butter paper or foil.
How to make biscuit cake
- Break down the biscuits approximately to 1 by half inch pieces.
- When the syrup cools down pour it in 2 batches and give a good stir.
- Transfer the chocolate biscuits to the pan and press down with the base of a cup.
- Smoothen the top with a spatula.
- Cover it and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours to set.
- Add the chocolate and milk to a small bowl.
- Microwave it for 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate melts and turns smooth.
- Or Double boiler – Alternately place the bowl over a small pot of hot water. Stir and mix until smooth.
Frosting biscuit cake
- Unmold the cake gently from the pan. Or lift the cake from the pan holding the butter paper or foil.
- Spread the chocolate frosting over the biscuit cake with a spatula.
- Smear some chocolate on the sides & smoothen.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate frosting is set.
- Slice the biscuit cake and serve plain or with Ice cream or tea.