To make batter in the food processor, put in the flour, eggs and a little milk. Process until smooth, then gradually add the remaining milk as the machine works.
- 2 (411 g/14.5 oz) cans stoned black cherries, well drained
- 175 g plain flour
- 100 g caster sugar, plus extra to sprinkle
- 4 eggs
- 600 ml milk
- Lightly grease a 1.5 liter/2 1/2 pint shallow ovenproof dish.
- Spread the drained cherries over the bottom.
- Place the flour and sugar in a bowl, make a well in the center and add the eggs and milk. Gradually work the flour into the liquid to make a smooth batter.
- Pour over the cherries and bake in a moderately hot oven for 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Sprinkle with caster sugar and serve warm with cream.