A beautifully fluffy muffin-like cake filled with juicy blueberries with a hint of coconut and vanilla. No one will ever know this cake is low in fat. Perfect for breakfast with a steaming hot mug of tea/coffee. Or Nutella Hot Chocolate. Yes. Even better!
- 2 cups organic white self raising flour (or spelt, plain, or all purpose flour(s))
- 1/2 cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- 1 cup natural granulated sweetener (or sugar of choice)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (3 teaspoons if using spelt, plain or all purpose flour(s))
- 3/4 cup apple sauce (or light butter of choice)
- 2 tablespoons plain low fat greek yoghurt
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any skim/low fat milk)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries tossed with 1 tablespoon (extra) flour
How To Prepare
Preheat oven to 176C | 350F. Line a medium-large sized loaf cake tin with baking/parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut, sweetener/sugar and baking powder.
Make a well in the centre of the dry mix and add apple sauce, yoghurt, eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix well being careful not to over beat the batter.
Pour half the batter into prepared cake pan and add half the blueberries over the batter.
Pour in the remaining batter and top with remaining blueberries.
Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes clean.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack. Dust with a little icing sugar for an extra kick.