- 4 over-ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons salted butter room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped roasted pecans optional
How To Prepare
Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with baking spray or coat with butter and dust with all-purpose flour, being sure to shake out any excess flour. Set aside.
Mix butter and sugar until smooth. Add bananas and beat until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each egg.
Add flour and mix until smooth. Add baking soda, salt, and vanilla extract and stir until well combined. Stir in nuts, if using. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake until golden brown and a wooden skewer comes out cleanwhen inserted in the middle, about 1 hour.