Chocolate Pecan Turtle Clusters are considered to be rather popular dish nowadays. Would you like to know why and what is the secret of its popularity? – Frankly speaking, it is quite in fact and there two main explanations to this phenomenon.
First of all, we like to mention that this dish can be cooked quite easily, and this simultaneously means that you won’t need much time to its preparation. Also the appearance of these items are so pleasant and you can easily use then as a perfect gift idea.
Are you ready for new experience? We are starting!
List of required products:
- 1 cup of brown sugar;
- 350 g of milk chocolate chips or you can take a package if you like;
- 2.5 cups of pecans;
- 0.5 cup of butter, preferably the salted one;
- 0.5 cup of light corn syrup;
- 200 g of sweet condensed milk, preferably canned;
- per 0.5 teaspoon of vanilla and shortening.
Begin to cook
- Put 2.5 cups of prepared pecans into a relatively large frying pan. Fry them on the medium heat mode. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. Mind that your pecans become darkened and get a flavored and rather pleasant smell. The process will take only a few minutes
- Take 2 big baking trays at the same time. Cover them with special parchment paper and use the cooking spray for better result. Place your pecans inside the clusters. As a rule, the group of three works pretty well. If you like, you may leave a space between each cluster.
- And now it is high time to make your caramel. In fact it is not difficult. Just put 0.5 cup of butter into a sauce pan of the medium size.
- After that, melt it putting on the medium heat mode. Then add one glass of brown sugar, 0.5 cup of prepared light corn syrup and 200 g of sweetened condensed milk to the pan.
- Turn up the heat and stir your future continually. Cook and stir carefully until it reaches the temperature of 115 degrees Celsius. Some cooks prefer to remove it from the heat completely as soon as it reaches about 115 degrees Celsius. The temperature will be risen at any case, as the process will continue, so your caramel will get the right texture.
- Add and stir carefully 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Drop about 1 1/2 teaspoons of your prepared caramel over each nut cluster. As a rule, people prefer to do everything more quickly, as the caramel starts to set up very fast.
- By the way, please, be sure that there is caramel touching all of the nuts.
- Mind that in this care caramel is something like glue, as it sticks the nuts together.
- Take a safe bowls designed especially for the microwave and pour there 340 g of prepared milk chocolate chips.
- Then you have to heat your microwave for 30 second every time after every cooking interval.
- To the melted chocolate it is necessary to add 1/2 teaspoon of shortening.
- Give your dish two minutes to stay. During this time it will be able to melt and your chocolate chips will become more spreadable.
- Don’t forget to stir everything carefully.
- Now it is necessary to put about 1.5 teaspoons of melted chocolate over the caramel of the nuts. You can even swirl it around in order to create an amazing swoop with the help of your spoon.
- Then let the chocolate to set up. As soon as it hardens and cools you can serve the dish immediately.