Fudgy and dense gingerbread blondies made with cookie butter for extra indulgence and spindled with caramel chips — because why not? The kids go crazy over these blondies. And the adults? Well, what blondies? It’s like they were never there.
Serves :16 bars
- 1/4 cup Cookie Butter or Biscoff Spread
- 1/4 cup light butter or margarine(or coconut oil would work as a healthier sub)
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar , packed (normal brown sugar would work)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup golden syrup/molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (spelt flour works beautifully, but plain or all-purpose are fine to use)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup caramel baking bits
How To Prepare
Prepare a square nonstick 8-inch baking pan with cooking oil spray, and wipe the excess over with a paper towel
Combine the butter and the cookie butter in a microwave safe bowl and melt for about 20-30 seconds in the microwave, OR alternatively in a small saucepan over low-medium heat while stirring, but do not boil. Pour into a medium bowl and whisk well until they’re combined. Allow to cool slightly, and stir in the brown sugar, egg, syrup and vanilla, and mix well until combined.
Add the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger and cinnamon, mixing slowly until a soft dough forms. Do not over beat. Fold half of the caramel chips in through the batter, and pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining chips on top.
Bake at 176C | 350F for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (or slightly dirty for fudgier blondies). Do not over bake or they will become dry. Allow to cool on a wire rack and cut into 16 squares. Serve warm.