- 100 g butter or margarine
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 g self raising flour
- 75 g currants
1. Place 18 paper cake cases on a baking tray or in two deep bun tin trays.
2. Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Gradually beat in the eggs.
4. Carefully fold in the flour and currants, using a metal spoon.
5. Divide the mixture between the paper cases.
6. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 15-20 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
7. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.