Fudgy Flourless Hazelnut Brownies with a hot chocolate fudge sauce. These are amazing. That’s it. That’s all I can say. Honestly…
By Cafe Delights
- 220 g | 8oz semi sweet chocolate(I used 80% cocoa solids, but you can use 70% if you don’t like bitter chocolate)
- 220 g | 8oz (1 cup) butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sweetener or a fine white granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 150 g | 5oz (1 1/3 cups) hazelnut meal
Hot Chocolate Sauce:
- 80 g | 3oz bittersweet chocolate (minimum 70%-80% cocoa solids)
- ½ cup thickened/heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener (or coconut sugar or golden syrup)
How To Prepare
For the brownies:
Preheat the oven to 176°C |350ºF. Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring between each break, until completely melted and glossy. Alternatively, melt gently in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat.
Once melted, mix in the vanilla and sweetener (or sugar) and allow to cool.
Whisk the eggs into the bowl (or pan) along with the hazelnut meal. Pour out into a 9-inch baking tin lined with baking (or parchment) paper.
Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the top has set but the centre is still gooey. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 16 square (these are very delicate when warm).
For the sauce:
Break the chocolate up into a microwave safe bowl along with the cream and coffee powder and melt again in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between, until completely melted. (Alternatively, use a heavy-based saucepan and melt all ingredients together over low heat.)
Stir well and pour into a jug to serve with the brownies.