- 100 g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 50 g butter or margarine
- 12 tbsp water
- 100 g strawberry jam
1. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl .
2. Rub in the butter or margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in just enough water to bind the ingredients, and lightly mix together.
4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface , then cut out 24 6 cm rounds.
5. Use these to line patty tins.
6. Put a small spoonful of jam into each tart.
7. Bake in a moderate oven for 10-15 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
8. Cool on a wire rack .
9. Serve warm or cold.