Whip up a batch of these protein-packed power balls for a quick and easy snack whenever you need. Use this recipe as a formula and make it your own by swapping the ingredients for your own favorite varieties.
Recipe by Chad Sarno
Cooking time: 10minutes
- 2 cups rolled oats (if looking for gluten free, be sure they are labeled as such)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup cashews or pecans, raw
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds, hearts
- 2 tablespoons maca or other superfood you wish to add (green powders, spirulina, protein powder etc)
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Cocoa powder for rolling
How To Prepare
- Using a food processor, add the oats and cashews and blend until a coarse meal.
- Add the maca, hemp seeds, cinnamon and salt and pulse a few times to mix.
- Add the maple syrup, almond butter and pulse. Start adding the dates slowly.
- Depending on how dry the dates are you may need to add a few less or few more.
- The mixture should be dry enough to form into balls but not too sticky. If your mixture is too dry, add a bit more date, maple or almond butter, if it’s too wet add a bit more oatmeal.
- Roll into balls and roll in cocoa powder.
- Mix in plant-based chocolate chips by hand for a decadent version.
- To increase the protein in the recipe, add your favorite plant-based protein powder in the dry ingredients. Depending on how much you add you may need to add a bit more of the wet ingredients.