When you want a weekend treat, serve these pancakes as a complete breakfast with the drink of your choice.
- 1 (400 g/14 oz)can sliced peaches in juice or syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml/4 fl oz) milk
- 3/4 cup (68 g/2 1/4 oz) rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (60 g/2 oz) flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 25 g (1 oz) butter, melted
[ads — pc — 1]
[ads — mob — 1]
- Drain the peaches, reserving the juice.
- Chop 1/2 cup of the peaches.
- Put chopped peaches and 1/4 cup of juice in a bowl with the milk, rolled oats, egg, sugar and salt.
- Beat with a fork to mix thoroughly.
- Stir the dry ingredients on to this, add melted butter and mix only enough to combine.
- Cook spoonfuls like pikelets, on a preheated, lightly buttered surface.
- Turn when bubbles burst on the surface, then lightly brown second side.
- Serve immediately with peach slices and golden syrup or syrup made by boiling together remaining juice, 2 tablespoons golden syrup, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence and 1 tsp cornflour.