Old Russian cuisine was famous for its pies, especially when they are prepared with fish. For holidays such bakery was prepared with a special filling, as they took a noble red fish (pink salmon, salmon, trout and keta).
Today we are going to suggest you a pie with rice and red fish. It would be a wonderful addition to the festive table.
What products to take
- 30 g — yeast;
- 1 kg — wheat flour;
- 3 tbsp. — vegetable oil;
- 3 eggs;
- 50 g of sugar;
- 400 ml of milk;
- 7 g. salt;
- 2 onions;
- 1 kg — red fish fillet;
- 100 ml of vegetable oil;
- 2 cups — rice;
- to taste — spices;
Begin to cook
- We warm the milk lightly and dissolve sugar with yeast in it.
- Then pour half a portion of flour and mix everything carefully.
- We put everything into a warm place for 15 minutes.
- After that, add all the other listed products and knead the dough.
- We put the future dish into the hot place for rising for 1,5-2 hours.
- After that, we roll the dough into two layers according to the size of the baking tray.
- Cut the onions and fry them in warmed vegetable oil.
- Boil the rice until it become half cooked.
- We cut the fish into slices.
- Arrange the dough on a baking sheet, which should be oiled.
- We put half of rice, season with spices and salt.
- Now lay out the fried rice and on it slices of red fish.
- Pour everything with the vegetable oil and lay out the rest of the rice. Season with spices again.
- Cover with the help of the remaining dough.
- We stick the edges, cover with whipped egg yolk.
- We put for 15 minutes into the hot place, then we should send it to a preheated oven.
- Bake at 200 degrees until they become cooked. As a rule, it takes about 40 minutes.
Also into the filling you can add crushed herbs. Enjoy delicious dishes of Old Russian cuisine! They are really terrific!